The surrounding communities of Austin are as unique as Austin itself. Is walking to a neighborhood cafe or coffee shop a priority? Do you want a hill country house with farmland? Do you want to take your dog for a walk in a dog-friendly park? Do you want to feel like you are living in a village, or do you want to be minutes from live entertainment? Do you want funky or hip? Do you want to live in a historic town where everyone know you?
For more information on each town or community please visit the links below.
TOWNS AND COMMUNITIES NEAR AUSTIN
- Bastrop -- Located about 30 miles east of Austin, Bastrop is a quickly growing community with loblolly pines, a beautiful river valley, and a rich heritage.
- Bee Cave -- Located about 12 miles west of Austin, Bee Cave is a
small but growing town with quick access to Austin, Lakeway, Highland
lakes and the Texas Hill Country.
- Blanco -- Located about 45 miles from San Antonio and Austin, Blanco is a popular tourist and resort area in the beautiful hill country.
- Buda -- Buda is a charming community that is easily accessible to Austin and offers a lower cost of living with traditional lifestyles.
- Burnet -- Burnet, the “Bluebonnet Capital of Texas” is nestled in the heart of the Texas hill country.
- Cedar Park -- The north Austin suburbs of Leander and Cedar Park have a small town atmosphere in a hill country setting.
- Dripping Springs -- Dripping Springs is in a rural hill country setting that has many homes with acreage and ranch properties.
- Elgin -- Located 19 miles east of Austin, Elgin has small town living with quick and easy access to Austin.
- Georgetown -- Ranked as one of America’s best small towns, Georgetown is the perfect location for those who want to live close to Austin’s technological businesses yet want to live in a scenic and tranquil environment.
- Hutto -- Hutto, located 25 miles from Austin, is a quickly growing area that has a small-town charm and strong community involvement.
- Kyle -- Kyle is a growing community that is easily accessible to Austin and offers a lower cost of living with traditional lifestyles.
- Lago Vista -- On the rugged and beautiful northshore of Lake Travis.
- Lakeway -- One of the most beautiful cities in Texas nestled in the Texas Hill Country and on pristine Lake Travis.
- Leander -- The north Austin suburbs of Leander have a small town atmosphere in a hill country setting.
- Llano -- Llano, the home of Enchanted Rock, is a small, historic town located in the center of Texas Hill Country.
- Marble Falls -- Marble Falls is a beautiful town in the heart of Texas Hill Country.
- Pflugerville -- Eager to embrace technology and new business, Pflugerville is a quickly growing community just 12 minutes from downtown Austin.
- Rollingwood Situated on the beautiful west bank of Lake Austin, Rollingwood offers convenience and beauty as well as the Eanes ISD.
- Round Rock -- Roundrock is a quickly growing master planned community located fifteen miles north of Austin.
- San Marcos -- Home to Texas State University, San Marcos is a quaint city with unique restaurants, gift shops, and a rich, historic feeling.
- Westlake Hills One of the most prestigious communities in the Austin area with beautiful vistas of the city in one direction and gorgeous hill country views in the other.
- Wimberley -- Wimberley, located 45 miles southwest of Austin in the Texas Hill Country, is a picturesque town that is the home to many artists, retirees, and nature enthusiasts.
LAKE WATERFRONT COMMUNITIES
Please note: All of the following communities have waterfront property although not all property in each community has water views or is waterfront. Consult us for more information.
- Briarcliff -- Briarcliff is about 30 miles west of Austin on the south shore of beautiful Lake Travis on Farm Road 2322. This is the cliff side of Lake Travis.
- Burnet -- Nestled at the edge of the spectacular Texas Hill Country amidst the Highland Lakes. Located 50 miles northwest of Austin.
- Horseshoe Bay -- Horseshoe Bay is in the heart of the Texas Hill Country with access to Lake LBJ. "Horseshoe Bay is where the air is clean, the sky is clear and the water is pure."
- Jonestown -- Jonestown is located at the north end of Lake Travis, 19 miles northwest of Austin.
- Lago Vista -- Lago Vista is on the rugged and beautiful north shore of Lake Travis only 20 miles northwest of Austin. The community encompasses more than 15 miles of shoreline and is the gateway to the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge.
- Lakeway -- Lakeway is located 16 miles west of Austin and is a beautiful community.
- Marble Falls -- Marble Falls is centrally located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country on Highway 281, 45 miles northwest of Austin. It is renown for its scenic beauty, beautiful waterways, and lush, rolling hills.
- Point Venture -- Point Venture is a beautiful residential community on the north bank of Lake Travis.
- Spicewood -- Spicewood is bountiful with spring-fed creeks, with the jewel being Krause Springs. Spicewood is a short drive from Lakeway, which is only 16 miles west of Austin.
- Volente -- Volente is a beautiful but small community in the Central Texas Hill Country along the North shore of Lake Travis.
Have a question about a home or want to talk about selling yours? Or, if you have any other questions or comments, then feel free to e-mail or call using any of the information below. You will get a response as quickly as possible.
Jacqueline Wittmuss, Broker
5611 Hwy 290 West
Austin, TX 78735
REQUEST A RELOCATION PACKET
For a map to click here.
The information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no liability expressed or implied relating to this information.