T O T A L L Y A U S T I N
Leave your worries at the city limits, put on some casual clothes, and prepare yourself for experiences you will find only in Austin. A bit quirky, definitely high-tech, and far from anything ordinary, Austin has a heart and soul worth experiencing. Some of the favorite local sites. . . .
- Enjoy Lake Travis without getting wet at The Oasis. Food, music, drinks, and a fabulous view from many of the open air decks! Located at 6550 Comanche Trail, it offers a vantage point of 450 feet above Lake Travis. (512) 266-2442
- Chuy's, at 1728 Barton Springs, is a fun Mexican food place decorated with Elvis, paper mache, and hubcaps.
- Enjoy some Austin Tex Mex in casual atmospheres of Guero's, at 1412 South Congress, or Taco Xpress at 2529 S Lamar.
- Enjoy homemade and healthy food at the original Kerbey Lane Cafe, South Lamar, a great place for breakfast.
- Listen to music at the delightful open-air venue at The Backyard, 13101 West U.S. 71.
- Splash Party Movie Nights are a great way to spend a summer evening at the Deep Eddy Pool. Swim in the pool, then sit on a blanket and see a movie.
- Sit out on the deck, listen to the jukebox, have a beer and mind your own business at Dry Creek Saloon on Mount Bonnell Road.
- See a play at the old timey Paramount Theater at 713 Congress Avenue. In the summer, they show classic movies.
- Spend the evening on Sixth Street in New Orleans style where the street is blocked off and becomes a glittering strip of bars and live music clubs. Austin's E. 6th Street Map.
- Bats, Bats, and More Bats! From mid-March through mid-October see the dramatic night flight of the bats from the Congress Avenue Bridge.
- Come to Central Market, 4001 North Lamar Boulevard, a showcase grocery store and tourist spot, to buy groceries, have a great meal, or people watch.
- Climb the 99 steps to Mt. Bonnell at 3800 Mt. Bonnell Road to see Austin from one of the highest vantage points. It is known as a popular spot for young couples who want to watch the stars come out at night. Be careful who you climb the stairs with--you might fall in love according to the local legend.
- Join Willie Nelson in claiming the Broken Spoke, 3201 South Lamar Boulevard, as your favorite watering hole and dance hall.
- The BookPeople, 603 North Lamar, is one of the city’s major literary resources, locally owned and operated. It has a huge selection of books in all genres.
- Take a dip in the Barton Springs Pool, 2201 Barton Springs Road, often considered the soul of Austin. It is a treasured, spring-fed pool that stands as a commitment to the environment and a place of psychological and spiritual renewal.
Austin (AFM), Republic Square Park (4th & Guadalupe)
Austin Downtown, Triangle Park on 46th between Lamar and Guadalupe
Travis County, 6701 Burnet Rd.
Bee Cave Farmer's Market, 13908 Ste. D., Hwy 71 West
South Austin, 2910 S. Congress
405 W. Stassney (WIC Clinic)
Sunset Valley - Tony Burger Activity Center, 3200 Jones Rd.
San Marcos - 204 South Edward Gary.
Buda - 100 South Houston. 830.935.3159
Bastrop - 1308 Chestnut Street
Elgin - 410 North Main.
Jonestown - 18649 1431 at the Plaza Shopping Center 512.236.0074
Georgetown - 400 Block of S. Austin Avenue
Round Rock - 200 Bagdad Ave, City Hall Parking Garage.
- 2 1/2 miles east of downtown Austin 3414 Lyons Road. Certified
organic market farm featuring organic produce, cheeses, eggs, jams and
Pure Luck Texas
- 101 Twin Oaks Trail, Dripping Springs. Nationally recognized farm
famous for its delicious goat cheese and vegetables, herbs, and more.
Sweetberry Farms - 1.2 miles north of Hwy 1431 on FM 1980. Fresh fruits!
And, where did the slogan "Keep Austin Weird" originate? Here are some things that help enforce it.
Have a question about a home or want to talk about selling yours?
Or, if you have any other questions or comments, then feel free to
e-mail or call using any of the information below. You will get a
response as quickly as possible.
Jacqueline Wittmuss, Broker
5611 Hwy 290 West
Austin, TX 78735
Request a Relocation Packet
For a map to click here.
The information herein has been obtained
from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has
been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or
entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting
a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no
liability expressed or implied relating to this information.